Design suggestions (1 Viewer)

mergle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:28
I am developing an app for a small medical office that requires a way of tracking periodic health testing for their patients. They are ultimately requesting a report that informs them of upcoming required tests for their patients.

Most periodic tests for a given patient will be manually assigned by the user in the frmPatient form via a combo box that lists available tests (for example, Mr. Smith is assigned a prostate exam with a frequency of every X months). However some tests need to be automatically assigned depending on the age of the patient (for example, when a male patient turns 50 years of age he needs to have a prostate exam every 12 months).

My Question:
What is the best approach to the automatic requirement of adding/flagging/indicating in a report that there are tests that are needed for patients that is determined solely by their age, eventhough this test has not been previously assigned manually?

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:28
You can "on openening" the database or report examine the ages of the patients and automagicaly add "manual" exams....

Then in your report you dont need to distinguish between the two.

What do you do tho, if a patient allready has an exame X each 6 mnths. And at age 50 he needs to start having these same exames every 3 months...
Or what if he needs the exams every 12 months?

mergle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:28
You can "on openening" the database or report examine the ages of the patients and automagicaly add "manual" exams....

How would I go about automatically adding manual exams?

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:28
By having some table with the parameters ready or maybe a fixed query that simply appends the manual exams to the manual exam table. In this case: run an append query for exam X where age > 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom