Desktop icons disappear (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:46
For the past few weeks, sometimes when the computer goes to sleep, the icons on the desktop disappear as do the icons in the tray. When I wake up the computer, I see one app opened on one monitor and the other monitor is blank with no background picture or icons. If I move the visible window to the other monitor, it leaves visible drag marks. If I click on the spot at the left edge of the tray where the windows Icon would be, the windows menu opens but it's blank.

I restart or reboot and everything comes back to normal. Since there is a way to recover, I am reluctant to attempt to back out the last update. Has anyone else seen this, is it being fixed soon?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:46
Not me. I'm on 2004 19041.508 32bit Professional on this laptop.

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 08:46
For the past few weeks, sometimes when the computer goes to sleep, the icons on the desktop disappear as do the icons in the tray. When I wake up the computer, I see one app opened on one monitor and the other monitor is blank with no background picture or icons. If I move the visible window to the other monitor, it leaves visible drag marks. If I click on the spot at the left edge of the tray where the windows Icon would be, the windows menu opens but it's blank.

I restart or reboot and everything comes back to normal. Since there is a way to recover, I am reluctant to attempt to back out the last update. Has anyone else seen this, is it being fixed soon?
Pat,

have you posted your question here?

after logging in, go back to that page and click ""ask a question"" at the top. I get many answers from those folks, but in this day in age it usually comes from forum mods. no one else has the knowledge to answer my stuff.

furthermore, have you seen this by me?

this crap happens all the time. but I was told by many pros not too long ago, here:

that MS is starting to roll out many things in their updates that even they don't know about. and they don't tell people. even downgrades to drivers is a possibility, as I'm told. see here:

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 08:46
33333.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom