Detail section does not adjust to height of page header (1 Viewer)

Bob

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:06
I'm getting rusty. It has been a while...

Two tables, one for person and one for gadget. One-to-many relationship, a person can own multiple gadgets.

I want report to first displays all people contained in this report. Below is a list of all gadget owned by people. (The normal approach would be to group per person and thus list all gadgets per person. However, that is not what I want to achieve. I want to show a pool of people owning a pool of gadgets.)

A subreport is currently placed in header of main report listing all persons. Detail section has all the relevant gadgets.

Problem is having multiple people. As the header grows, the detail section should accordingly start further down, but it doesn't. Detail section begins in the fixed same place regardless of how the header grows. Some people end up not being displayed because of the fixed height of the page header. The auto-height property of the page header section doesn't do the job. Have tried making subreport exact same width as report but to no avail.

Any comments or ideas most welcome.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 10:06
detail section should have the person
sub report on detail section are the gadgets (linked by personID)

Bob

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:06
Managed to solve problem by using an unbound report with two subreports. There must be a neater solution though... 🤔

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:06
Nope, that is what I was going to suggest. Page Headers and Footers need to be fixed in height. You could have put the first subreport in the Report Header. That might have worked but my choice would be two subreports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom