Display multiple addresses in a tidy manor (1 Viewer)

Mark-BES

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
Hi,

Most of my customers can use multiple addresses eg. Head office/delivery and invoice etc.

I am looking for a way to display them easily without using the nasty Record selectors in the subform (see attached "current.jpg"). Datasheet mode looks poor too so if I can avoid this I will.

Ideally would like a subform with tabs labelled Delivery/invoice etc. (see attached "ideal.jpg").

All the addresses are form the smae table, how can I display one specific record on 1 tab and another record on another tab? Am I even thinking along the right lines? Any advice welcome

(using A97 @ work)

Attachments

• current.JPG
    current.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 117
  • ideal.JPG
    ideal.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 99

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:50
If you don't show the standard navigation bar or custom navigation buttons, how would you move from address to address?

Mark-BES

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
Pat, looking at Ideal.jpg in my last post. Is it not possible to skip between the addresses using the tabs somehow?

I would imagine it is some way possible, but am I just creating too much extra work?

From reading many posts here over the past year or so I understand you have made many many applications (guessing as your a mvp). In general terms what is your advice to displaying multiple adresses in a user friendly way on one form?:)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:50
I didn't realize the tabs were supposed to represent different address types. You can use the same subform three times, once on each tab. Include selection criteria that selects only one type of address per form. Make sure the master/child links are properly set so that the subforms are sync'd with the main form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom