Solved Dlookup still showing #error on new record line (1 Viewer)

sspreyer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:06
Hi ,
cant work out why #error is still showing on new record line i thought Nz() would supress it ?

Code:
=Nz(DLookUp("sumoftotal","[Query1]","[CV_Order_ID_TXT] = " & [Forms]![Manual_Order_FRM]![CV_Order_ID_TXT]),0)

thanks in advance

shane

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hmm, try adding one more Nz(), just in case.
Rich (BB code):
=Nz(DLookUp("sumoftotal","[Query1]","[CV_Order_ID_TXT] = " & Nz([Forms]![Manual_Order_FRM]![CV_Order_ID_TXT],0)),0)
Hope that helps...

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 13:06
With a name like [CV_Order_ID_TXT] I am guessing the datatype is not a number but text. When you build criteria strings that themselves contain a string you must escape around it by using single quotes:

....,"[CV_Order_ID_TXT] = '" & [Forms]![Manual_Order_FRM]![CV_Order_ID_TXT] & "'"),0)

Its hard for a human eye to see, but I put single quotes inside the double quotes before and after inserting the variable into the criteria sring.

sspreyer

Registered User.
Local time
Hmm, try adding one more Nz(), just in case.
Rich (BB code):
=Nz(DLookUp("sumoftotal","[Query1]","[CV_Order_ID_TXT] = " & Nz([Forms]![Manual_Order_FRM]![CV_Order_ID_TXT],0)),0)
Hope that helps...
spot on !! thank you

sspreyer

Registered User.
Local time
With a name like [CV_Order_ID_TXT] I am guessing the datatype is not a number but text. When you build criteria strings that themselves contain a string you must escape around it by using single quotes:

....,"[CV_Order_ID_TXT] = '" & [Forms]![Manual_Order_FRM]![CV_Order_ID_TXT] & "'"),0)

Its hard for a human eye to see, but I put single quotes inside the double quotes before and after inserting the variable into the criteria sring.
no its a number field txt is just referance for the text box

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom