DLookup within a sub-form (1 Viewer)

wllsth

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:52
I have the following piece of VBA code which is called AfterUpdate

Me.Text62 = DLookup("[Job Desc]", "Projects Extended", "[ProjectID]=" & Nz(Me![Project], 0))

This retrieves Job Desc and puts it in field Text62 on my sub-form. However, when I enter another record with a different ProjectID it displays the new Job Desc for every line of the sub-form.

What am I doing wrong ??

JANR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:52
If text62 is an unbound control in your subform this is what happens if your subform is a continous form or datasheet. You have to re-think what your goal is with this VBA sub.

JR

wllsth

Registered User.
Local time
You're right I think I've sorted it but I am getting a strange error now
'The object doesnt contain the Automation Object "Header" '
Not sure where this is coming from

wllsth

Registered User.
Local time
I am using the following bit of VBA code now to retrieve 'Job Desc' onto a line within my sub-form. It retreives it ok but I get the following error message ;-
The object doesnt contain the Automation object 'Header'

Private Sub Project_AfterUpdate()
Me.Job_Desc = DLookup("[Job Desc]", "Projects Extended", "[ProjectID]=" & Nz([Project], 0))
End Sub

Any thoughts !!

JANR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:52
Looks like there could be someting wrong with a field-reference or maybe the link properties for your subform. google : object doesnt contain the Automation object for some possible answers.

JR:)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:52
Get rid of the DLookup() and replace the form's RecordSource with a query that joins the main table to the lookup table. That way you will be able to create a bound field with the lookup value. That will allow it to be different for each row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom