DoCmd.OpenForm Error...3001 (2 Viewers)

fitzintx

Local time
Today, 16:33
All, just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas about this error. All of a sudden this evening our Access Program on work network drive is getting an error when trying to open one form. It throws an Invalid Argument error - 3001. Other forms work ok but this is the only one. No changes have been made, it just started giving this error.

I've done some searching on this 3001 error and have seen some different things but nothing concrete about the error. I've seen others mention that there program has been running fine and then started getting this error.

Anyone experience this before and have any thoughts...

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:33
Sometimes I get this kind of stupid behavior for the forms, I don't remember if it was the same error but I got once an error on form loading and I couldn't get rid of it, what I did is I re-created the form freshly from scratch, I saved the old form and re-build a new one.
Before also you can try and check if you have any broken references and also try to compile the database you can also try to compact and repair one of these must solve the problem
Regards

fitzintx

Local time
So I was trying to debug this and I looked at the record source for the form it's trying to open. When I try to run this query, I get the invalid argument. So I tried to open the table the query was pulling from and I also get the invalid argument, does that mean there is some bad data in this table? How can I open the table to look at last records entered?

Am I on the right track for invalid data in the table?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:33
If you are unable to open the table it sounds as if you have got some corruption going on. You may get some help here.

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Don't forget to backup your database

fitzintx

Local time
Thanks for the help!

Is the corruption most likely from a user entering bad data into a table or do the Access tables just sometimes get corrupt for fun and to make life challenging :)

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Well as for my experiene it is a fun of Access sometimes, normally data being entered by users will never affect the tables unless there was some un-expected closuer to the database, sometimes the database hangs, and the users tries to force quit, and it will show some messages that send report error and all and then you will get this message of closing reparing and restarting the database, once I did it and it has curropt the whole database I was lucky I have a backup, actually computer conflicts sometimes drives you crazy but it's a happiness when you beat the machine. at the end it has been made by human thus we should always have control. :)

fitzintx

Local time
I hate the fun stuff :)

All right, it looks like I'll move onto restoring the DB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom