doCmd.transfertext hangs for minutes when accessing file on network drive (1 Viewer)

Jai_c6

Local time
Today, 09:57
I have some VB code that calls doCmd.transfertext to populate a table and when the text file is on the local C drive it’s instant but if I move the file to a network drive mounted by windows it hangs for a minute. This text file is only small and the behaviour is weird as hell. If I start copying a separate file of 800mb from the network drive it transfers at a reasonable rate however when MS access runs the command above to read the text files the copy speed of the other transfer drops significantly while that call hangs for a minute and then as soon as it is finished it picks up again. Something weird is going on and it has to be something to do with windows 10 or office. Note that when not running the command above windows reads and writes to the network drive very fast.
This works fine when running on windows 7 with access 2016 so either it’s access 365 or Windows 10 causing the problem.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:57
Maybe you could copy to local and then transfertext

Jai_c6

Local time
Today, 09:57
Maybe you could copy to local and then transfertext
How would that work with acLinkDelim? The code uses that to link to the file. I’m guessing this causes it to constantly read the file for updates? If so would I need to keep copying the file to the local drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom