Double Click Event & Navigation Sub Forms (1 Viewer)

S1LV3RF0X87

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:54
Hello All,

I am at a loss on this one and i just need someone to point me in the right direction and i apologise if there is a thread for this somewhere I'm just not sure of the right function i should be looking for to do what i want.

I have a Navigation Form which has several tabs which have their own sub forms within each of the tabs. In one of these tabs the sub form is being displayed in datasheet format.

What i want to do is when the user uses the double click event within the datasheet sub form that the event navigates to another navigation form tab then using the sub form of that navigation form use the find record to load the record based on the ID record of the datasheet sub form that was clicked.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:54
The navigation form only allows one subform to be loaded at one time so one subform CANNOT refer to another. You can create an unbound control on the main form and in the current event of the first subform, copy the ID to the unbound control. The cotnrolSource of the other subform can use the unbound control in the header in its WHERE clause to filter to that record.

This would be easier to do if you had built your own navigation form rather than using the built in one. This is one of those Access "features" that I never use because of the awkwardness of only having a single subform loaded at any one time.

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 15:54
If you want to have multiple subforms loaded at the same time i would suggest using a tab control. The behaviour is similar to a navigation control, but you can have multiple subforms loaded at the same time.

You can then just use the click event, and influence the other subform by
Code:
Parent.Form.SubformControlNameHere.Form.Filter = ...

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:54
here is a sample.
double click on ID or First name or Last Name.

Attachments

• sampleClickNavForm.accdb
    556 KB · Views: 180

S1LV3RF0X87

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:54
Thank you for the reply, i figured i would need to do something like that
here is a sample.
double click on ID or First name or Last Name.
Thank you for this i believe this is something that i am looking for. I will study this now and try and get it working in my scenario.

Many Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom