Downloads (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 17:14
I have now enalbled ALL my Access downloads for anybody, I have been able to do the as the site will be moving to a host without the restictions that were placed on me.
The limit on number of downloads a day is being retained.
I am no longer interested in Access and have moved to MYSQL, PHP.
All non freeware forums have been deleted
Please do NOT join unless you are intested in what I am doing as I will delete and ban those who join to try and get around the download limit, I don't want people coming in and downloading everything which was what caused the problem in the first place.
The new server has a space limit that is very high so if you have a example you can't post here due to size I am happy to host it.

Downlads: https://www.databasedreams.co.uk/support/index.php?action=downloads

Online code library: https://www.databasedreams.co.uk/support/index.php?action=showcases

Regards mick
Database Dreams

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I am no longer interested in Access and have moved to MYSQL, PHP.

One of my rainy day jobs is to put a database on the internet using PHP and MySQL. Haven't done it yet, and I probably never will! Still, it's an ambition of sorts.

I did an online course which I thought was fantastic, and I wondered if you might be in need of a refresher. If that's the case, I highly recommend:-

Robert Tucker of Infinite Skills

I found this PHP MySQL course exceptionally clear and easy to follow. I particularly like Robert Tucker of Infinite Skills, his voice, I could listen to him all day!

The course is currently free on Udemy, and I have seen it in other places on the internet for free as well. I also found the content, the sample files somewhere for free, not sure if I could find them again…

Beginner PHP and MySQL Tutorial

You could couldn't go far wrong in taking this free course, to my mind it's exceptional.

I made this note about a “Framework”
(Use a framework)

Maybe of some use...

Dreamweaver

Local time

Dreamweaver

Local time
Updated links to downloads and code library location.

All the best mick.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:14
I downloaded the bug tracker. the forms to fill the combos were not available on the menu so I found the project table and created a project but the project didn't show in the combo on the bug form. Turns out there are two more tables in the query for the project combo and it uses inner joins rather than left joins so I filled in the other two tables. Went back to the bug report form. Filled in data and saved but couldn't because it needed a status but the only value in the status table was closed. I was done trying to make it work and so I closed the form and it failed because status was required but the only status option was closed so I picked it. Then the save failed because there was no category and I decided to not bother to look for some way to enter a category.

Too much missing stuff.

The sample should be loaded with values for the combos where a value is required. The forms to add items to combos need to be accessible from the menu.

I know you've moved on so I don't expect you to fix anything. Just saying - this sample is not ready for prime time.

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
I will look at it maybe replace it with my copy Thanks

All the best mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
I just downloaded a copy which has all the data I was able to add a project With the default employee other lists had their default items, I did have to use F9 to update the error report project list. So, not sure what happened with your copy.

I would say to anybody wanting to use these templates, they are designed to get you started, you should alter them to suit your needs.

2023-02-16 (1).png

These are the tables that should have been included.
2023-02-16 (2).png

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just did a test on the Status and Category Entry I.E. I just typed new values into the lists which works as designed there is also a double click event to open an editor form for each list, again works as designed.
Only thing I missed was the Control tips info.

EDIT: I did have to move the folder off c drive thanks to ms security.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom