duplicate data ? (1 Viewer)

sullivan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:01
I think this is a query issue, but if it's not please forgive me. I have a database with two tables one listing all our reps, with all their personal info and center. The second table contains all our center info: Location, address, phone, etc. They are linked by the location field. The problem is I need to create a report that lists the location info and the corresponding reps info together. I've created a simple query, but because there are multiple reps to a location it is listing the location and all it's info each time there is a different rep. I'm sure this is some simple problem that I'm overlooking, but I'm stuck. I tried a union query, but that made a report listing first the rep info and then the center info after it. I need to list all the info together. Does anyone understand what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

lscheer

Registered User.
Local time
You probably can solve this problem in the report you are creating. With the Sorting/Grouping options in the report design view select the location (or whatever field you want to sort by first) and then in the properties select Group Header=Yes. That will give you a group header on your form. Then put the location (and info, perhaps) into the group header and it will show that info only once. You may have to fiddle around with this to get it just how you want, but that's the gist of it.

sullivan

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks for the help. One problem though. I wanted to have two columns of info on my report, and even though I moved all of the center info into the Center Header and left only the rep info in the detail section it is leaving space between each of the rep names, enough space to fit all the center info. When I set the columns to 1 there is no space between the names, but once there are 2 columns there is space again. Any hints?

[This message has been edited by sullivan (edited 09-14-2001).]

lscheer

Registered User.
Local time
I'm much better at these things visually. If you email me a copy, perhaps I can help.

sullivan

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,
Just so you know, I figured everything out. I had to mess with the report a little, but everything is fine. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom