E-mail an active form with Data entered...need help! (1 Viewer)

ArKineX

Local time
Today, 23:11
Ok. I have a pretty good sense on using Access, but I have a question that has been baffling me.

I have a main form with a few subforms and want to be able to a have a button that will e-mail a specific person or department with the details of the data in the form before the form is written into the table (if possible) since the data is written to different tables at the same time therefore making it hard to sort the the correct data from a particular record.

I have read some places on this forum on how to create the button to send the e-mail, but it assumes that the data was already written to a record already.

Let me know if there is a way to do this or if someone can direct me in the right direction. Thank you very much as any information is greatly appreciated!

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
I am confused, how can you email data if there is no data in the record to send?

ArKineX

Local time
That's just the thing. The Data hasn't yet been stored. Its kinda floating until I add the record.

If I have to add the record first, then how will it know what record to pull the data from to send the e-mail?

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Is the form using unbound text boxes, not that makes any difference.

Use the Docmd.SendObject action, referrencing the text boxes on the forms (WITH DATA IN THEM). But you don't send the form, you create a report and send that or simply reference the text boxes as variables within the e-mail msg using vb. If the form is unbound then the report will have to reference the values on the unbound form and the form will have to be open when the report is run.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom