email distribution macro (1 Viewer)

jayme27

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:55
I wish to click a macro on a form that will automatically e-mail the report(s) to those people specific to that report.

For example, each report must be sent to three people: rated person, rater, and senior rater. Each person may have different raters & senior raters which make it more challenging.

One click should distinguish what report gets emailed to whom instead of going person by person and e-mailing the report.

Is it possible to have the macro run automatically on a key date?

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:55
If you want Access to "wake up" and run a macro, you need a scheduling product. I've used Microsoft Plus! and Novell's desktop scheduler, but there are probably lots of others.

Look in Access Help for "Startup Command-Line Options" and it will tell you how to run a macro automatically when your Access database opens up. You're looking for the command: /x

As to the other question, I know it can be done in VBA, not sure about a macro version.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
I've got a demo database that handles custom report mailing, but it's based on VBA, not macros, if you would like a copy, email me and I'll send you a copy (make sure you put 'mailing demo' in the email subject).

On the scheduling side, I just use Windows Scheduler, set up an AutoExec macro in the db and put Quit as the last line in the macro.

HTH

Mike

jayme27

Registered User.
Local time
Mike,

Let's see what you have. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom