Emailing Fields from a Form (1 Viewer)

ryntak4536

Local time
Today, 17:43
Hello all, I'm competent with access, but am a newbie to the web database aspect.

I have a web database being hosted on sharepoint (access 2010, sharepoint ent. 2010).

I'm trying to email the data in a form based on the click of a button, but am having some difficulty, as follows:

Here are the basics of what I have:
Table: NewEntryRequest, with these fields:
RequestID
RequestorName (bound to a 'Requestor' table via a 'lookup', and includes the requestorID, and RequestorName, with the RequestorID not visible (column width 0"; 1"))
VendorName
DateOfRequest

Form: NewEntryForm, bound to the above table.
The form has no field for the RequestID since it is automatic when entered into the table, and the DateOfRequest is disabled, and defaults to the current date. The RequestorName is a combobox. It's set up to show the RequestorName, but I cannot make the bound column be the name - it seems to only be the RequestorID (which is hidden, so the name is what's visible in the drop down).

The only way I can find to generate an email via macro is a data macro. So, I'm trying to build a data macro on the NewEntryRequest, which sends an email for the items entered in the form. I've included parameters in the data macro for each of the fields on the table.

I've placed a button on the bottom of the form, and embedded a macro that sets a temporary variable defined by each of the fields in the form.

Then I run the data macro, transferring the temporary variables into the parameters.

So far, this all works, with this one problem:

What comes through in the email is the RequestorID, NOT the requestorName. I cannot seem to get to the second column that is in the combo box from the form (the first column, requestorID, is hidden. The second column, requestorID, is what shows in the drop down).

I've tried to use the '.' to get access to the second column, as I would in a desktop db, but that doesn't seem to work here.

Any help would be BEYOND APPRECIATED.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom