Emulate Screen size 1366X768 (1 Viewer)

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:24
I need to make a Access file for a laptop with screen resolution 1366 x 768. I have nothing that size

Can a set a Form to that size to see how it will look on his screen and help position things etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:24
Hi. Not sure what you mean by you "have nothing that size." What are the sizes available to you? Are you saying you have an even smaller screen than that? If you have a higher resolution screen, you should be able to bring it down to that size.

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Hi DBGuy, My screens are larger. So, yes I want to bring it down to that size. I'm using Docmd.Move Size in Form Load but don't know what values would emulate 1366x768.
BTW can Access tell you the Top & Left Postion for under the ribbon and beside the closed Navigation pane ?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:24
Top and Left is relative to the containing window, so it has no reliable bearing on the ribbon.
Google Mendip Data Systems and when there, look for a topic on resizing forms or something similar, or Colin might jump in here.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:24
Hi DBGuy, My screens are larger. So, yes I want to bring it down to that size. I'm using Docmd.Move Size in Form Load but don't know what values would emulate 1366x768.
BTW can Access tell you the Top & Left Postion for under the ribbon and beside the closed Navigation pane ?
Okay, the way you would design a form for that screen size is to adjust your own screen size to match.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:24
As Micron mentioned I have a website article with all you need to understand automatic form resizing.
See http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/automatic-form-resizing-1/4594554784.
It includes an example app with all required code so you can play with it and see how it works

The code required is in a standard module modResixzeForm. Although it is complex, using it is easy.
Just add the line ResizeForm Me to the Form_Load event of the forms to be resized.

I use it in all my commercial apps and in many of my free examples apps as well
Basically you design your forms so they would be full size in the lowest screen resolution in use by your end users. In this case 1366*768

Hope that helps

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Ok I can only guestimate so it'll be trial and error.

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Colin, I have read the link and downloaded the zip file. It's a but late here to do it justice, so will tomorrow.
Can I just ask, my screen resolution here is 1920x 1080. When I call your Resize code, after inputting the 1366x768 parameters as you decribe (leaving pixels on 96 I preume) what do I expect to see? Will my screen show what the 1366x768 screen will see, more or less 1:1 ?

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Only on a CRT. Don't flat panels have one only native resolution? If that's isn;'t set right they're all distorted?
I could force a change anyway but 1366x768 isn't one of them.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:24
Only on a CRT. Don't flat panels have one only native resolution? If that's isn;'t set right they're all distorted?
I could force a change anyway but 1366x768 isn't one of them.
CRT...what's a CRT? :unsure: 😊:unsure:

No, all screen types that I've come across, in the past 30 years, are capable of multiple resolutions. In point of fact, I believe (although I'm not really a hardware maven) that screen resolution is determined by your PC's graphics card.

Try going to the Control Panel and look for the graphics card icon. Click on it and see what resolutions are offered...it'll almost be sure of offering resolutions lower than the default one for your PC.

Linq ;0)>

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Here's a spanner in the works, I'm on XP . So its right click Desktop-Properties-Settings-Screen Resolutioin. And a slider lets me choose quite a few settings (yes I think the graphics card determines what) but none are 1366x768. Anyway Colins module may fix that, and in the meantime I have a screenshot of my Form on the laptop and have altered the size so everything will be seen,

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:24
CRT...what's a CRT? :unsure: 😊:unsure:

No, all screen types that I've come across, in the past 30 years, are capable of multiple resolutions. In point of fact, I believe (although I'm not really a hardware maven) that screen resolution is determined by your PC's graphics card.

Try going to the Control Panel and look for the graphics card icon. Click on it and see what resolutions are offered...it'll almost be sure of offering resolutions lower than the default one for your PC.

Linq ;0)>
Whilst you can still have different resolutions, TFT screens have an optimal resolution?. Use something different and the images are not so sharp.?
CRT screens did not suffer with that problem.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom