Enter Key is Dead (1 Viewer)

Privateer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:40
In Access 2010 I am entering a number in a text box on a bound form, hitting enter and the After Update event does not fire. When I move off the text box, the event fires. This is particularly annoying when a person is typing in their password, hitting enter and nothing happens. It also fails on an unbound form that I use to enter new records, moving off the box triggers it, but not the enter key. I have confirmed the event is pointing at the code and that the "Enter Key Behavior" is set to "Default", and not "New Line in Field". This has occurred with both a SQL Server and Access back end. The record source is a simple sql to the table with no joins and a criteria string with the PK for the record to be modified. I am aware that I can check for Key Entry 13 to capture the enter key, but this seems like I am writing code to fix a bug. Shouldn't the enter key work as one would expect? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Privateer

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:40
Choose in the Ribbon File->"Options"->"Client Settings"->Mark in "Move after enter" - "Next field".

Privateer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:40
Yeah, that worked. Thanks JHB. I changed the option to "don't move" so the cursor stays in that box rather that doing a tab. It makes sense now, these forms displayed only one record, so "move to next record" had no where to go.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:40
You're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom