Mina Garas Daniel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:32
Hi everyone
i have a problem i face it for first time
I have a database with queries layers for 8 levels
when DB in single file all queries working perfect
when i split it open only 7 queries then error message appear " cannot open any more databases"

i researched this issue all results says you need update or make a new trust locations
i do the following:
  • change windows 10 to 11 with updates
  • reinstall MS Office 365
  • update office to Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2310 Build 16.0.16924.20054) 64-bit
after all that i import all tables and quires in new database file, unfortunately this message appear again

what i need to fix this problem?
and i need to know if .net and c++ are necessaries for ms access working or not
Is there any help to fix
Thanks

Edgar_

Local time
Today, 02:32
No need to install .NET or C++ libraries for Access to work.

The problem you're facing has to do with the amount of queries you're running at the same time. You have too many. Each control has a different number of queries running. You could redesign your forms to show less controls. Do you have a form with a lot of controls?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
when i split it open only 7 queries then error message appear " cannot open any more databases"

Can you explain what you mean by the phrase "when I split it" in this context?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:32
See if my article helps

Mina Garas Daniel

Registered User.
Local time
See if my article helps
Dear Isla, thanks for your entity

I try your entity what i found when i open your form i found 507 available when i open 7 queries decrease to 154 available queries
and query no. 8 also not opened and message of error 3048 appear again

what i have to do more to fix it

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
There is a language issue which makes it harder for me to follow what you are saying.
You may need to review what you are doing to fix issues.
Reduce the number of objects that are open simultaneously.
Check the designs of your queries.
Close objects when no longer required

Look carefully at your queries. I find it hard to understand how 7 well designed queries could use anything like 353 connections or how the eighth query could require all connections that remain.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
To open 7 queries and reduce "available" from 507 to 154 means that 7 queries are consuming 353 slots, which is 10 + (7*7*7). Could be random chance that 7 queries consume over 7-cubed slots. When you say "layered queries" I now have to ask: Can you show us the SQL of these queries? They are somehow interdependent in an unusual way. I think we need a look at what they are trying to do. Also, it would help if we knew the end goal of this nest of queries.

Mina Garas Daniel

Registered User.
Local time
To open 7 queries and reduce "available" from 507 to 154 means that 7 queries are consuming 353 slots, which is 10 + (7*7*7). Could be random chance that 7 queries consume over 7-cubed slots. When you say "layered queries" I now have to ask: Can you show us the SQL of these queries? They are somehow interdependent in an unusual way. I think we need a look at what they are trying to do. Also, it would help if we knew the end goal of this nest of queries.
Those layered queries using for doing calculations the second one I build it based on first one the third one based on second...etc

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I understand the concept of layered queries. I've used six-layer queries myself once or twice. They worked fine for me. Normally, though, you don't consume resources like that when opening a query unless there is something odd about the query. Which is why I asked if you could post the SQL of the seven or eight queries.

ebs17

Local time
I'm regularly amazed that people talk about queries without showing them.
A query is a formulation in SQL of how a task is to be solved, nothing more. Such a formulation is very rarely unique and can only be presented in exactly the same way. In the vast majority of tasks, this formulation can be carried out in very different ways. Especially those people who are now complaining about problems should be able to assume that they are using unfavorable, bad, non-optimal formulations.

The magic bullet for solving problems is often: rephrase the query. If you can't do this alone, you should give helpers the necessary informations.

Last edited:

ebs17

Local time
@isladogs
In your linked good article I miss the mention of domain aggregate functions (DLookup, DCount, DSum & Co.). However, these are often used excessively in queries as well as in forms and reports as a direct control source.

Last edited:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Note that list boxes and combo boxes are treated as "databases" for this purpose. If some of your forms have large numbers of these, that might cause the problem.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@isladogs
In your linked good article I miss the mention of domain aggregate functions (DLookup, DCount, DSum & Co.). However, these are often used excessively in queries as well as in forms and reports as a direct control source.
Thanks. Just added an extra line to include these in section 1. Like everything it that list, it also applies to section 2

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm regularly amazed that people talk about queries without showing them.
A lot of folk who run in to these kind of problems may not even know that SQL exists. They just use the query builder. Remember, not everyone has your level of experience.

ebs17

Local time
However, this lack of knowledge does not need to be maintained separately. Even when using the query builder, there is more than a random order to click something together. Clicking something together at your own discretion or with a little knowledge can also make a significant difference.
Is it undesirable to look at something, to analyze it, to acquire something?

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Clicking something together at your own discretion or with a little knowledge can also make a significant difference.
When you are new to Access/Queries, it can be difficult to translate what you have clicked into coherent representation in text in a forum.

I guess these 'people' are coming here to try to 'analyze it, to acquire something'.

It doesn't take so long to check whether someone knows how to get the query's SQL to share here, and show them how if they do not. At least the same amount of time it takes to berate them for failing to do so.

Repeat offenders, however, ... then I completely agree with you!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Those layered queries using for doing calculations the second one I build it based on first one the third one based on second...etc

If you have layered queries, they have to be named queries for the layering to work. That means you can OPEN the queries. You can see them in DESIGN view or DATASHEET view... but the third option is SQL view. Open your named queries in that view and use copy/paste methods to show us what the queries are doing. A simple verbal summary of their overall purpose would help.

Mina Garas Daniel

Registered User.
Local time
If you have layered queries, they have to be named queries for the layering to work. That means you can OPEN the queries. You can see them in DESIGN view or DATASHEET view... but the third option is SQL view. Open your named queries in that view and use copy/paste methods to show us what the queries are doing. A simple verbal summary of their overall purpose would help.
I will do that.thanks for your support

ebs17

Local time
to berate them
Really now?

The fact that someone clicks something together is an insult?
Encouraging some self-criticism about your own actions is insulting?
Is it an insult if you expect to show what someone is doing, precisely because, contrary to popular belief, you cannot look over their shoulder?

If you want to fix a problem, the first thing you should do is accept, if not acknowledge, that it was created, and guess who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom