error 3323 query can not be used as a data source (1 Viewer)

swell

Local time
Today, 19:14
G'day all,
I have stitched together code "borrowed" from the net.
My little database has been running well for me with thanks to assistance from people on this forum and a lot of searching.

I produce reports in pdf which has the data that is required, but it is required in an excel spreadsheet, which is a monthly task but only requires transferring a small amount of data into a formatted spreadsheet and then emailing it on, which I have been doing manually.
I would like to be able to generate the spreadsheet at the press of a button.

I am trying to make the application as user friendly as possible I will be passing it on and it will used by people with very limited keyboard experience.
I "borrowed" some code created by Roger Carlson, Roger.Carlson@spectrum-health.org, to transfer to an excel spreadsheet with tips on how to populate the formatted spreadsheet.

I get the above error from this line of code
Code:
 DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8, "qryActivitybyDateRange", conPath & "MySpreadsheet.xlsx", True

here is the query
Code:
SELECT [Member Activity].[Entry ID], [Member Activity].BookNumber, [Member Activity].[Date of Activity], [Member Activity].Activity, [Member Activity].Hours, [Member Activity].Distance, [Member Activity].Notes, [Member Activity].[Date Entered] INTO ActivityRange
FROM [Member Activity]
WHERE ((([Member Activity].[Date of Activity]) Between [Forms]![frmGetDates]![txtdatefrom] And [Forms]![frmGetDates]![txtDateTo]));
All the query is doing is limiting the query to a date range, I use the query in my pdf reports to generate an interim table, which I output to the pdf.

Bill

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:14
use acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12Xml,

acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8 is old version of excel and the extension is ".xls"

swell

Local time
I had a eureka moment. created a new query just for the range table.
The output of the table is correct.
BUT I need it to be the output of a crosstab query, so stand by for further updates,

swell

Local time
use acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12Xml,

acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8 is old version of excel and the extension is ".xls"
Oh! thanks for that, we were both responding at the same time 'snap'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom