#Error in Access Query and report (1 Viewer)

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 05:54
I would make a copy of your Report and play with the layout. You essentially want to lay it out in columns and rows just like it would look in Excel--with same sized rows and columns--make sure it lines up vertically and horizontally.

If you have multiple columns make sure the individual inputs of the column all have the same width. Make sure each row has the same hieght. Make it ugly and boxy until it works. Then make tweaks to get it to look like your initial report to see what you can and can't do to it.

Page/Report/Group headers and footers might be a problem area. Try making them take up the whole row, or eliminate their area and move the data to the beginning of each row of data instead,

Erin M 2021

Local time
I would make a copy of your Report and play with the layout. You essentially want to lay it out in columns and rows just like it would look in Excel--with same sized rows and columns--make sure it lines up vertically and horizontally.

If you have multiple columns make sure the individual inputs of the column all have the same width. Make sure each row has the same hieght. Make it ugly and boxy until it works. Then make tweaks to get it to look like your initial report to see what you can and can't do to it.
I've figured out that row 1 is put in to the spreadsheet and then instead of row 2 being places under it, it's next to row 1 data. Essentially creating more columns

Erin M 2021

Local time
I've figured out that row 1 is put in to the spreadsheet and then instead of row 2 being places under it, it's next to row 1 data. Essentially creating more columns
Am I missing some kind of communication to let it know that data row 2 should be in the same column as data row 1?

Erin M 2021

Local time
Here's my design. In Report View, it appears as needed (credit line and debit line with headers). When I export, it puts the credit info next to the debit instead of under in a row as displayed.

Attachments

• Design.PNG
    Design.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 136

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Ugh that's tricky. Looks good actually.

Just a random idea---Can you make a grouping level based on a unique value? So what I am saying is create a grouping such that only 1 record will be in that grouping. Then you move the debit info to the header and your static credit data to the footer of the grouping.

Why so many unbound controls? Can you post a stripped own version of your database so I can play with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom