Error message 3122. Problem using ‘sum’ on amount field in totals query (1 Viewer)

KirRoyale

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:21
I have a piece of code where I am selecting values for 3 of the fields through combo boxes to run a query.
This works fine on a detailed query but I have problems when I try and amend the code to run a totals query.
When I run the following query directly, there is no problem:
Code:
[FONT=Arial]SELECT Call1CumulativeFULL.[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2, Call1CumulativeFULL.Category, Call1CumulativeFULL.CODE, Call1CumulativeFULL.EnglishDeptName, Sum(Call1CumulativeFULL.[/FONT]料金[FONT=Arial]) AS [/FONT]料金[FONT=Arial]OfSum[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]FROM Call1CumulativeFULL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]WHERE (((Call1CumulativeFULL.Category)="voice") AND ((Call1CumulativeFULL.[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2)="2013[/FONT]年[FONT=Arial]4[/FONT]月[FONT=Arial]") AND ((Call1CumulativeFULL.CODE)="08-11101"))[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]GROUP BY Call1CumulativeFULL.[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2, Call1CumulativeFULL.Category, Call1CumulativeFULL.CODE, Call1CumulativeFULL.EnglishDeptName[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]ORDER BY Call1CumulativeFULL.[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2, Call1CumulativeFULL.Category;[/FONT]
However, when I try to include similar SQL into my code:
Code:
[FONT=Arial]  strSQL = "SELECT Call1CumulativeFULL[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2, Call1CumulativeFULL.Category, Call1CumulativeFULL.CODE, Call1CumulativeFULL.EnglishDeptName, Call1CumulativeFULL[/FONT]料金[FONT=Arial] " & _[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]           "FROM Call1CumulativeFULL " & _[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]           "WHERE Call1CumulativeFULL.Category" & strCategory & _[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]           "AND Call1CumulativeFULL[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2" & strMonth & _[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]           "AND Call1CumulativeFULL.CODE" & strDept & _[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]           "GROUP BY Call1CumulativeFULL[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2, Call1CumulativeFULL.Category, Call1CumulativeFULL.CODE, Call1CumulativeFULL.EnglishDeptName " & _[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]           "ORDER BY Call1CumulativeFULL[/FONT]請求年月[FONT=Arial]2, Call1CumulativeFULL.Category;"[/FONT]
I get the error message:
Code:
[FONT=Arial]“An unexpected error has occurred. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Please note of the following details:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Error Number: 3122[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Description: You tried to execute a query that does not include the specific expression ‘[/FONT]料金[FONT=Arial]’ as part of an aggregate function.”[/FONT]
料金’ is the amount’ field on which I selected ‘Sum’ rather than ‘Group by’.
Could somebody please tell me where I’m going wrong? I haven’t been able to find the answer from related posts.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:21
You don't have Sum around it in the second. You also appear to be missing the period to separate the table and field names.

KirRoyale

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:21
Thank you. If I change it to:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Sum(Call1CumulativeFULL.[/FONT]料金[FONT=Arial]) AS [/FONT]料金[FONT=Arial]OfSum[/FONT][/COLOR]
It works fine!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:21
Happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom