Error message out of the blue (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:42
If this code is inside a loop as you implied, you should probably add some hidden counters in the loop so you can determine how wound up it is getting. Something is causing all those parentheses. It is possible that up until now, you nave never had as many items being concatenated and it is just this week that you've run up against a problem.

Reactions: lbs

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:42
In which access version does your application run regularly, in which version do you get an error message? It probably works in the old version, if not in the new version, it may be due to differences in data types. It is necessary to examine and analyze DB.
At home I’ve got access 19. At work I am not sure. I need to check tomorrow. It started at work and then continued on my home laptop. how should I analyse Db?

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:42
If this code is inside a loop as you implied, you should probably add some hidden counters in the loop so you can determine how wound up it is getting. Something is causing all those parentheses. It is possible that up until now, you nave never had as many items being concatenated and it is just this week that you've run up against a problem.
I think this may be the problem. I actually added one consultant and may be after that the problem arose. But then I tried multiple things. I even deleted all data for the last several days. But it didn’t help. One think is clear - it is concatrelated function which causes the problem.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:42
Step through the code and watch what it builds. With all those parentheses, it actually looks like the loop is recursive (calls itself)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom