error trying to reference Access from Excel (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
Well, I want to be cautious in my response and maybe step back. I've heard that 64 bit office is something to avoid when possible. Everyone has their opinions, but that's what I've heard a lot more often than not. I am not an expert in version-specific questions (in Access), since I have most often tended to wind up in corporate environments where everything is enterprise grade & fixed and there is no room for, (nor experience gained in), experimenting with different versions.
I was only suggesting you ensure you had the required DLL - not that you switch to 64 bit office--that is a whole 'nother ball of wax.
Of course the decision is up to you.
Maybe someone else more knowledgeable on this will pop in and give you some advice on that.

neilsolaris

Local time
Today, 02:20
Thanks Isaac, that's good to know. In that case, do you know how I acquire the DLL?

Many thanks.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
I'm not sure if that's the problem or not, honestly. That run time error automation error is so vague ? Frustrating when error messages are vague

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 02:20
If you tell me what dll you need I can upload it for you.?
FWIW I only have the system32 exe file from that link and I am on 32 bit Windows and Office

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom