Errors Importing External Data (1 Viewer)

#1AccessDummy

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:09
I have a table that needs to be refreshed with new data monthly. The table has extensive relationship links to other tables. The new data comes to me in a spreadsheet.

I am tying to import the data from the spreadsheet into this existing access table, but errors halt the import. The fields in the spreadsheet are the exact same as in the access table. I am trying to accomplish this task with the Get External Data, Import wizard.

The strange thing is I can import the excel data into a new table without any problems. I then override the old table with the newly created one. The problem with is I have to severe all the relationships before doing so which is a real pain and a cumbersome process

If you can offer any advice, it would really help out

M

Myworld33

This is so easy i cant help you. Just think about it for a second. You can do it! :D

#1AccessDummy

Registered User.
Local time
umm..you got what is it???? cut & paste dont work either. We are talking many thousands of records.

#1AccessDummy

Registered User.
Local time
The error message is kind of irritating because does not really tell me anything, it says...

"An error occured while trying to import file 'Q:\example\example.xls' The file was not imported."

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:09
The strange thing is I can import the excel data into a new table without any problems.

Apparently, your Excel data types conflict with your the data types of your table columns.
Import your data in a new table.
Next, compare the data types in your table against those in the table you want to import into.
Finally, save your Excel file in csv format, import useing the Import Wizard and using the Advanced options in the Wizard to define appropiate data types plus formats.

RV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom