Evermore Democratic Inspired Stimulus to Exacerbate Inflation (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:23
The CNET article above seems to suggest an emerging Democratic narrative that has not yet fully emerged into the public conciseness. Once again Democrats are seemingly tossing-out a non-nonsensical proposal to "buy" votes from the gullible failing to comprehend that their very actions are aggravating the problem they assert to be "solving". An obvious but unstated reason for Democratic vote "buying", is that the mid-term elections will soon be coming-up.
  • The most obvious solution would be to allow the oil companies to produce more oil and gas and to allow market forces to determine the cost of gas at the pump. Democrats have totally sidestepped this potential solution.
  • Democrats have been whining that the oil companies are price gouging. OK, but by giving out "free" money to enable people to buy gas, the Democrats are legitimizing the current price of gas at the pump!!! Prices will not fall, if you give-out free money. This must mean that the Democrats actually favor price gouging by the oil companies. So their complaining about price gouging is nothing but virtue signalling hot-air.
  • Democrats have endlessly stated that they want the price of hydrocarbon products to rise, to force people to buy electric cars and other types of "green" products. So why the concern about pump prices now? After all, climate change global warming is the threat #1 so we must convert to a "green" economy. If that is the case, why give people "free" money to buy gas? Giving out "free" money just demonstrates that Democratic commitment to a "green economy" is superficial and nothing more that a transient virtue signalling opportunistic joke. To restructure a prior Democratic punch line, Democrats would throw grandma off a cliff it it would "buy" them votes. For Democrats the ends justify the means (no matter how repulsive).

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:23
I'm not sure you expect to receive a reply? Your post may have been missed by someone who knows the answer, hence I and bumping it up the list for a second look, just in case....

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:23
Hmm, let's see here. :unsure: Is the old phrase we always used to describe Democrats, Tax 'N Spend, still appropriate?

Yep.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Look what the "free" money did to the cost of college. Now no one can afford to go without grants and loans from the government. A similar thing happened to the cost of health care when the insurance companies transitioned from a "not for profit" to a "for profit" model and from catastrophic coverage to HMO's. Now people have no clue what the cost of basic medical treatments costs because the insurance plan pays and they just pay a co-pay. This sets up perverse incentives for the insurance companies. They have no incentive to keep down costs since 10% of $150 is more than 10% of $100. They just raise the premiums and pocket more money.

If we could somehow go back to people paying for common medical expenses and insurance plans covering accidents and catastrophic illness, the costs would be lower. If medical providers advertised their rates, people could shop for the best place to get non-emergency services. I read an article a few years ago about insurance companies supporting medical tourism within the US for non-emergency treatments like knee replacements. I think they're cheaper in Arkansas by a lot so cities and medical groups set up clinics to support the tourism and the insurance companies covered the costs because it was cheaper to send you and a friend somewhere for a week than to do the surgery in a more expensive location.

I'm getting a laser procedure done on my right eye tomorrow and I asked the ophthalmologist why he wasn't doing both eyes at once. The answer was - Medicare won't pay for the second eye if he does them at the same time so no other insurance plans will either. It seems they would rather pay for two surgical suite visits and all that entails rather than paying the doctor fairly. I can't see how that is cheaper.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Democrats continue to fraudulently use supposed Covid relief funds to push a despicable social engineering agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom