excel paste problem (1 Viewer)

simon_marklar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:51
hi all.

i have this weird problem. i am copying a range of cells with formulas in it. i am doing a "paste special" to paste the formulas, everything fine. then suddenly when i try and do it again, the dialogue is not the "paste formula/values" box but the "paste object" box (it pastes the range as an image!!!). I then have to reboot just to be able to paste the formulas into the spreadsheet.

does anyone know whats going on?

simon_marklar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:51
hi,

thx for the reply :)

It works fine for an undefined amount of time, then, some action is taken (still trying to figure out what it is - it seems to be a random action) and whilst i could still get the right dialogue up when pasting into the same workbook, opening up a new workbook gives me the paste object dialogue, when less than 30 seconds before it was working.

The thing is, a reboot fixes it, then eventually it falls over again. The trigger is always different. Once it happened after opening pagemaker, but i have not been able to get it to happen again, even when i open pagemaker.

weird eh? im going to see if reinstalling windows and office fixes this, the user is gone for a week - its the perfect time :)

ta,
%simon

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:51
hi,

weird eh? im going to see if reinstalling windows and office fixes this, the user is gone for a week - its the perfect time :)

ta,
%simon

'tis strange. As the old saying goes, if nothing else works, re-install... (at least for Windows!).:D
________
Penny Stock Pick

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom