Exclusive Access (1 Viewer)

lakshmi

Local time
Today, 11:34
We have our human resource database on the server. We recently upgraded to A2000. Since we have set the permissions to the HR staff to have full access, the Communications dept to have read access, and the rest of the staff to no access, the HR staff gets this error message when they try to generate a report:

You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later.

I found something on technet Q200290, but it has not solved the problem. I do not know what to do? I have gone as far as uninstalling/installing A2000, and installing the latest patch with no success.

Can anybody suggest anything???

Thank you, any help will be appreciated!

R

Rasa Read

We have our database on the server also, and the message you mentioned comes up only if someone from the data users' group has it open and someone from full permissions group (like the administrator) tries to modify design of the database. I suspect that you set the HR staff's permision of "Modify design" to yes. If you used the security wizard to set up accounts and user groups, i think that's what "full permissions" mean. Go into User and Group permissions under Tools-Security menu and make sure that none of the user groups have permission to modify (and read) design. I don't think you want any of you HR people designing your queries! Hope it helps... RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom