exe file (1 Viewer)

mujib ur rahman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:31
how to create exe file from access database?

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 18:31
You cannot create an exe file from an Access database file.

mujib ur rahman

Registered User.
Local time
then what type i create for a customer to protect my project from changing ? Mr B

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 18:31
The answer to your question depends on the version of Access that you are using. If you are using Access 2003 or earlier you would create a .mde file. If you are using Access 2007 or later you will need to create a .accde file.

Both of these files are the same type of file but just named different per the version.

Here are a couple of links:
This one is about creating an mde file: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824273
Here is one that will explain what an accde file is: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...007-file-format-HA010067831.aspx#BMextensions

mujib ur rahman

Registered User.
Local time
i create accde file from my database in access 2007 so this is enough for security i want to create a file like exe file in vb.net etc to protect my database from changing: Mr B

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:31
Users working with mde/accde files cannot make changes to the design of the database. They are prevented from entering the Design Views or Code Modules.

Linq ;0)>

mujib ur rahman

Registered User.
Local time
thanks to all of u which hepl me ,,,,,,,,, alot of thanks to all of u thank u very much,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Richard McCabe

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:31
Guys,
When you save an accdb file and create an accde type file must Microsoft Access be installed on another computer needing to use the accde file? If so it there some way to create a file that can be run on a computer that does not have MS Access?

Richard McCabe

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Although the .accde and .mde give you some protection in that they remove all the source code from your form/report/modules and prevent those objects from opening in design view, the format does NOTHING to prevent people from modifying tables/queries/macros.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
If security is really a hot button issue for you you'd probably be better off doing your database with VB, VB.Net or C++ front end with a SQL Server or Oracle back end.
  • You can create an EXE file which gives total protection to your code/design
  • You can distribute the db to PCs without a copy of Access being on board
  • Your data security is far, far better than anything you can do in Access

But this involves a very large amount of work, compared to using Access. Access' main strength has always been its ability to allow one to rapidly develop a database.

It really comes down to exactly what and whom you're worried about. If you're worried about a user simply getting 'behind the scenes' vis a vis your Forms, Reports, etc, and accidentally changing something mde/accde will probably do the trick, but if you're worried about intentional sabotage it's simply not up to the task.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom