'Export to Dataverse' is not showing in my Ms Access Database (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:37
How to make it showing? What to do. Please advise. Thank You.

With Hope,
Prabhakaran

Solution
Let me explain my exact requirement. I have built one POS (Point of Sales) access db for my friend. So far it's going fine. But today I made a mistake on entering the custom price for a customer (I typed 3 instead of 35 in quantity so they lost almost a 1000 bucks in INR). My current idea to prevent this in future to restrict the Data Entry only once instead of noting that in papers during customer calls and then entering separately in to the system. So I need a mobile interface just to note the following Details:
  1. Who is the Customer?
  2. What all are the Items He wants to purchase?
  3. And How many items?
So I need a mobile interface to note the above details at...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:07
Dataverse is still in beta testing.
If you want to try it out you need to be an Office 365 Insider and ask to use the feature
It is due for general release in June but for 365 users only AFAIK

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 16:07
The Dataverse connector for Access is supposed to be released in June. In the meantime, you can explore Dataverse directly if you have an MS 365 account.
1651847254465.png

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Let me explain my exact requirement. I have built one POS (Point of Sales) access db for my friend. So far it's going fine. But today I made a mistake on entering the custom price for a customer (I typed 3 instead of 35 in quantity so they lost almost a 1000 bucks in INR). My current idea to prevent this in future to restrict the Data Entry only once instead of noting that in papers during customer calls and then entering separately in to the system. So I need a mobile interface just to note the following Details:
  1. Who is the Customer?
  3. And How many items?
So I need a mobile interface to note the above details at the time of call itself. How to do this? Please Help. Thanks for reading.

With Hope,
Prabhakaran

What is the shortest possible way to achieve this?

Attachments

• The Form which I need to show on Mobile .png
    The Form which I need to show on Mobile .png
    89.8 KB · Views: 249

Sodslaw

Registered User.
Local time
Personally for mobiles I would use php/html. Some providers use My SQL and usually its free with client packages, others Sqlserver.
If they use My SQL then you should be able to connect to their database via a ODBC connection and import the data stored in that table, into your main access suite.

years ago i had a spare PC running access with a remote descktop connection like Teamviewer.

Last edited:

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Expecting more replies... Can be cross posted under a different section within our site? Please reply. Thank You.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:07
1. There is no need or benefit to posting more than once at this site.
2. Forum rules are that users can only have one account. Either prabha_friend or prabhakaran are fine but not both.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
1. There is no need or benefit to posting more than once at this site.
2. Forum rules are that users can only have one account. Either prabha_friend or prabhakaran are fine but not both.
Possible to merge both..? Lost mail access for the previous account that's why created a new...

Dear moderator,
Kindly merge the both accounts if possible otherwise advise the needful. Thank You m

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
  1. Who is the Customer?
  3. And How many items?
So I need a mobile interface to note the above details at the time of call itself. How to do this? Please Help. Thanks for reading.

With Hope,
Prabhakaran

What is the shortest possible way to achieve this?
The Dataverse connector for Access is now available in MS 365 (and possibly in Access 2021, I don't have that version). You can migrate your Access accdb tables to Dataverse and you can also create a PowerApps application linked to those same tables, so that you have that mobile interface on a smart device such as a phone or tablet. This is typically called a hybrid app.

You can view a presentation on this approach here.

Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom