Exporting Date with / without time (1 Viewer)

kemphl

Local time
Yesterday, 18:06
I have a table that is updated with a form. I am trying to find the right format for the field so that it forces the user to enter the date as mm/dd/yyyy. I can set that up fine but the problem I have is when I export the table to a txt,csv format, it includes the time stamp with all zeros. How do I turn that off? I just want the date.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:06
Set up an export specification so that you can define how you want it exported. Then, use the DoCmd.TransferText code to initiate the actual transfer because you can tell it which export specification to use.

You can set up an export specification, just like you do an import specification.

kemphl

Local time
Yesterday, 18:06
boblarson said:
Set up an export specification so that you can define how you want it exported. Then, use the DoCmd.TransferText code to initiate the actual transfer because you can tell it which export specification to use.

You can set up an export specification, just like you do an import specification.

sorry, not sure how. all i see is the export wizzard, which lets me specify fixed or delimited. i need delimited with date as mm/dd/yyyy and no time.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:06
Sorry, you are right. However, if you create a query and create your own column by something like this:
Code:
UDate:Format([DateUsed],"mm/dd/yyyy")
it will export that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom