Exporting files with CR (1 Viewer)

H

Hawka

I am exporting a number of tables from access into CSV files. Some tables have carriage returns in the text. When I export these tables I get a new record when ever it detects a CR. Is there anyway I can remove these automatically during the export. Currently I have to manually edit the CSV file to remove them.

AnnaFoot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:04
Hello Hawka,

When you set the export specifications, there is a text qualifier option. If you set that to ", then text in any field is surrounded by speech marks, which means anything in there like a comma or cr will be ignored.

Anna

H

Hawka

Hi Anna,

The data is delimited by "Speech marks" but it doesn't ignore the carriage returns. For some reason it always starts a new record even if it hasn't come to the ending speech mark. I have attached a sample of the output.

Regards

Hawka

Attachments

• sample.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 104

AnnaFoot

Registered User.
Local time
Hawka,

I assume you mean delimited by commas, with a text qualifier of speech marks.

In that case i would remove the CR's by doing a global find and replace, I would probably replace with a space.

Good Luck
Anna

H

Hawka

Search and replace for hex characters

Anna,

Can you search and replace for hex characters with in an access database?

If so how?

Thanks

Hawka

AnnaFoot

Registered User.
Local time
You can. There is probably a more efficient way, but what i've done in the past is look up ascii in the help, get the number for the character. Then use the immediate window in the vb screen to print that character.
? chr(13)
then copy whatever it prints and paste it into the find and replace window.

Off the top of my head i think it is chr(13), but you'd better check. It displays like a little empty box.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom