Exporting text field yields apostrophes (1 Viewer)

crownedzero

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:24
I've noticed lately doing some exporting to Excel any text field seems to yield an apostrophe. I've tried to find more on this and it seems to be the norm. Anyone know of a way to prevent this? The table I'm exporting is being used to update inventory via an upload and the system is reading the apostrophe as a character and throws up and error and will not process the UPC.

Might not make sense let me know if I need to clarify. And I realize this can be easily changed by opening the file and doing a find/replace but I'm trying to make this a seamless process.

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:24
i don't really know, but...
a while ago, while typing text into excel, i kept getting formula errors. i found out it was because i was putting text into number-cells. one way around it was to type an apostrophe before the text:

Code:
this is some text -> formula error
'this is some text -> no error; text is readable
so, maybe if the sheet was preset to text you might not get the apostrophes at all. hth.

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 02:24
How are you exporting (what code) and are you exporting a table or query and what version of Access are you using?

crownedzero

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:24
I'm using Access 2003, and I've got a form button that appends criteria to an existing table and exports it using the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom