sending email via MSaccess not working (1 Viewer)

Gamerlon

Local time
Today, 17:19
Hi All,

Iam trying to work out an weird issues with sending emails.
I've written a process which send attachements via email, this process runs find if it ran manually. However, If i setup an automated scheduler ( to run this msaccess at X time). the email section of the program is blocked from sending.

I know the automated scheduler has full admin rights, but is there anything that i need to check as well that could be block the email from sending?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:19
What does ‘blocked’ mean? You get a message? Nothing happens?

what is the code that is blocked?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:19
From a quick Google

Is this the case with you?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:19
Also, is the computer logged out or locked? It should work fine locked; perhaps not if logged out.

AHeyne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:19
Maybe the automatically started process runs as a different user or with different privilleges?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:19
I have to agree with the comments made by Paul (pbaldy) and AHeyne on this one.
You might also look at the links in the "Similar Threads" section below the main thread here to see if anything relevant pops up.

I know the automated scheduler has full admin rights

Well... maybe not. Although there IS a "RunAs" option with the Windows automated task scheduler, if you don't use the RunAs option then tasks run as SYSTEM - which, it should be noted, is NOT the same as Administrator. IF the app has an explicit login dialog OR if it attempts to use the user's login name or domain name for validation, that won't happen correctly for the automated run.

The SYSTEM username is always a local-only account (like GUEST, NETWORK SERVICE, and LOCAL SERVICE). It gets more complex, since SYSTEM is treated specially. You can't see SYSTEM in User Manager so cannot reset its password (which it would never use anyway given they way the account IS used.) SYSTEM exists and can be a participant in file certain specific system permissions but you can't work with it like you could with other "normal" accounts. That is why it is hidden - and not intended to be used like a normal user account.

The general rule of thumb is that, if you HAPPEN to run across some usage of account SYSTEM, do NOT - under ANY circumstances - try to alter what system can do in that situation. Don't muck with permissions, privileges, quotas, etc. belonging to SYSTEM. It is the way it is for a reason. And that reason means don't trust it to run YOUR app correctly via a Windows scheduler. SYSTEM is not a normal user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom