Expression Builder in Report Design (1 Viewer)

AJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
Hi

I am pretty new to Access but have been working on it quite intently for a couple of weeks. I have noticed that if you use the expression builder, in Report Design View, to insert a field from a query that is defined as the record source for the report (probably also from a table too but I have not done that yet) it will put the full location for the field. e.g., [Query Name]![Field Name]. However, this never works and I have to go back and delete the reference to the Query [Query Name]!. This get a little tedious.

Am I missing something here. Is there a way to get the expression builder to put only the field name in the expression, or a way to not get asked a value for the field when you run the query when the query name is included in the expression, or.....or?

Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 11:53
This has been a source of frustration (and bewilderment) for me for a L O N G T I M E

I believe this was 'fixed' in A07, certainly i noticed only the field name is inserted. Are you using a version prior to A07? I just learnt to live with it, either typing the field name or deleting the source name.

AJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
I'm using a very new (probably the latest) version of 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom