Extra Field in View Mode (1 Viewer)

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:15
I have a query based on another query. The source query has two number fields and only one row. ONE of those fields is selected as a field in the new query, and uses it for 5 additional calculated fields, for a total of SIX. When I run the query, however, there are SEVEN fields, one of which is the second field in the source query. This field is not showing in the selected fields in Design View!

I know it can work the other way around . . . there can be more fields in View because one can uncheck a field in the "Show" row in Design, but this is a new experience.

Ideas? Thx

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:15
What is the SQL of the second query? My guess is that there's a * in there somewhere.

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
What is the SQL of the second query? My guess is that there's a * in there somewhere.

I removed what I thought was the * but accidentally removed the source table, which blew everything up. However, when I reinstated the source table, the phantom field was gone. So your theory that something in the SQL was the root has to be correct. What is puzzling is that I have not worked in SQL view in this project, so I have no idea how the code was affected. Nevertheless, problem solved, thank you VERY much!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You may have accidentally clicked on the * in design view, but who knows? Glad you got it sorted out.

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
You may have accidentally clicked on the * in design view, but who knows? Glad you got it sorted out.

Uhhh . . . that would be glad YOU got it sorted out. Thanks again.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
LOL! No problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom