F5 to Step Through brings up Module List (1 Viewer)

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:14
Trying to step through some code using F5 and it brings up a Macros window. This didn't use to happen. There's a list of procedures, all Public. Just 3 of them are from my own code, but the list seems arbitrary. For example, one of my code modules has 3 Public subs but just 2 of them appear in the list.

Is this normal ? How do I step through my code without this window coming up ?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:14
you need to be in VBA first, and inside a sub/funtion before you press F5.
otherwise you will get the window prompt to select which code to run.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
F5 will just run the code as well? Unless you have put some breakpoints in, you will see nothing.
I tend to use F8 to step through code if I have not set any breakpoints, which I can do anyway afterwards, and then use F5.

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
Oh yes, sorry, I have set a breakpoint. Still trying to debug my other issue. So I open the form where I have the breakpoint, the code window opens with the line highlighted yellow, I press F5, the Macro window opens. I want to keep stepping through.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
What happens with F8 ?

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
Ah that works. I could have sworn I used F5 before. Thanks. The forward arrow 'Step Through F5' brings up the Macro dialog but I'll just use F8.

Part 2, why do I have this Macro list ? I don't know how to design a Macro. How did the Public subs get in there ?

I'm trying to be sure that I haven't got some other underlying issue with my code or application whilst trying to fix my focus/KeyUp problem.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
F5 should work fine if you are in the code window?
I get Macroes, if I am in the immediate window with F5. Not something I have ever tried before?
I get nothing if in a form?

I think it is a carry over form Excel where VBA code is called macroes. A lot of new users also call VBA macroes, now I can see why. :)

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
It says F5 Run Sub/User Form so I must be having a senior moment, I must have used F8 before. Question about the Macros still stands though.

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
So ... just to be sure, the list of Macros, which seems to be an arbitrary list of Public subs, isn't an issue ? It's just I can't see why some of those subs are in there when others aren't. I've never written a Macro to my knowledge. I've only ever used Access 2016. I have a module called mod_ControlState, it has 3 public subs, all my code, and two of them appear in the Macro window. I wonder why they're in there, and I wonder why only 2 are in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom