File Attachments: Possible to limit attachment size? (1 Viewer)

ulieq

Does anyone know if it is possible to limit file attachment size or number?

Sydcomebak

Yes, I would like to limit file sizes to 250k.

adewale4favour

Hello!
I need assistant on managing attachment on my Access database. Please can anyone help with ways of limiting the size of file that can be attached by users? What I want to achieve is if the size of the attachment is more than 240kb, then the database should ask the users to reduce the size before proceeding.

I will appreciate this sincerely.

Regards
Michael

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Hello!
I need assistant on managing attachment on my Access database. Please can anyone help with ways of limiting the size of file that can be attached by users? What I want to achieve is if the size of the attachment is more than 240kb, then the database should ask the users to reduce the size before proceeding.

I will appreciate this sincerely.

Regards
Michael
Hi Michael. I suggest you start a new thread rather than tag on to an old one. You might be able to limit the size of the attachment if you handle that process yourself using a form and not let the user have access to the attachment field itself.

isladogs

CID Moderator
Staff member
I don't know if its possible but I would recommend avoiding attachment fields completely to avoid issues with datafile bloating.

Also its always better to start your own thread than piggyback onto an existing thread.

EDIT: Oops. I see DBG has made much the same points whilst I was typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom