Filter on a form (1 Viewer)

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:18
Good night All,
I do hope I can get some assistance that I can understand with placing a filter on a form.
I have a table that needs updating. I created a form based on the table, but would like to only see the records that need updating, instead of the entire table.

I have no SQL knowlegde. Is there some simple answer? I would like to filter on one field for the word "NO" ie seeing only the records which contain NO in that field.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cristina

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:18
You can base the form on a query with criteria.

accedeholdings

Registered User.
Local time
You can code a query to the form that will sets the filter.

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
I think I would be able to create the query and make a form to read from the query. But I need to update the table, but I want my form to only show the ones that have not yet been updated so I can update the field that needs updating. Eg field set automatically No, and I need to update to numbers between 0 ad 12,
Would I be able to do that with this option?

Thanks

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks very much it worked fine. I was able to update the table.
However, let me explain some more. I have this dbase that I created so that I can get some reports, in a specific format that I am unable to get in quickbooks. It is report from a donor agency, and is very specific. I have been able to get my reports. ( all except one)
I set up my reconciliation to work from the database in access. Originally I had my form based on my table, and used a combo box to change the check status of each check. I don't know how to set up a combo or list box from the query, so I have to actually type the data to change the ck status field in the datasheet of the query.
Also with my limited knowledge of access I have given up on the last report and exported to excel to finalize. Would you be kind to look at my database to see if it can be done?

Thanks

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You should be able to add a list or combo box to the form. The wizard would probably lead you through it.

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks soooo much, never knew these things were possible. My budget in the database has three levels. Main Heading 1 Account 1.1 Item 1.1.1 From the Dbase, I am supposed to four reports quarterly.
One a detail of all transactions by item, account and main heading
One a total expense by Main heading
One summary expense by all levels showing previous and current with balances.
The fourth is a detail of previous and currect , and this is where I have problems, as it repeats data.
I would be grateful for your assistance.

Thanks

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy to help! I'd start a new thread with this last question; I'm traveling and won't be able to get to it.

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
I have been unable to get someone to help with this post.

Duplicates on report
Hi All,
I need some help with a report.
My budget in the database has three levels. Main Heading 1 Account 1.1 Item 1.1.1 etc
From the Dbase, I am supposed to run four reports quarterly.
One a detail of all transactions by item, account and main heading
One a total expense by Main heading
One summary expense by all levels showing previous and current expenses with balances.
The fourth is a detail of previous and current expenses. This is where I am having problems, as it duplicates data.
I would be grateful for your assistance when you are able.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom