Solved Filter query for running totals (1 Viewer)

angekap

Local time
Today, 18:09
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with filtering out a query called TRANSSUP which has a list of suppliers and I have a credit and debit column and have used DSUM for running totals with a balance column. The fields in the query are: ID,DATE,SUPPLIER,REC_NO,DEBIT,CREDIT which are derived from the TRANSACTIONS Table and then I have created in query design the next there columns as:

DEBRUNSUM: DSum("DEBIT","TRANSACTIONS","ID<=" & [ID])

CRRUNSUM: DSum("CREDIT","TRANSACTIONS","ID<=" & [ID])

BALANCE: [CRRUNSUM]-[DEBRUNSUM]

It all works fine as the BALANCE field works great in running totals, but how do you select a SUPPLIER and have the CREDIT,DEBIT and BALANCE fields work only for the selection. I was thinking of using a Form with a ComboBox to select the supplier and the subform based on the query to produce the results.

The SQL is as follows for the query:

SELECT TRANSACTIONS.ID, TRANSACTIONS.Date, TRANSACTIONS.SUPPLIER, TRANSACTIONS.REC_NO, TRANSACTIONS.CREDIT, TRANSACTIONS.DEBIT, DSum("DEBIT","TRANSACTIONS","ID<=" & [ID]) AS DEBRUNSUM, DSum("CREDIT","TRANSACTIONS","ID<=" & [ID]) AS CRRUNSUM, [CRRUNSUM]-[DEBRUNSUM] AS BALANCE
FROM TRANSACTIONS;

That would be great if anyone can guide me

Thanks
Ange

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:09
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

However you decide to implement it, you will basically just need to add to your DSum() criteria to include the SUPPLIER.

For example:
Code:
DEBRUNSUM: DSum("DEBIT","TRANSACTIONS","ID<=" & [ID] & " AND SUPPLIER='" & [SUPPLIER] & "'")
Hope that helps...

angekap

Local time
Today, 18:09
Thank You So Much It worked !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom