Find and Replace Macro (1 Viewer)

Sorryaboutthemess

Local time
Today, 02:17
Hello,
I know very little about macros in Word. I am quite proficient with macros in Excel, but obviously word is a different program, so I'd like to enlist the experts' help.

I want to do a kind of find and replace (and no, the find and replace built into word won't do) on a very large amount of text (thus the reason I want to use a macro.) Here's the situation.

I want the macro to go through the entire text and delete strings of the form
"LTD###-"
Where the # represents a digit between 0 and 9. As far as I know, the ctrl+f find and replace won't work. I need to delete these digits and the - in addition to the LTD, which is the string I intend to use to search through the text. Can anyone offer any insight into how I would do this in a macro? Thanks in advance for the help!

Dumbfounded

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:17
Hi,

Macros for Word are quite easy. If you wanted to replace what you're suggesting you would initially have to do quite a few finds and replaces until you've completed your full action and then stop recording.

You don't say if this is going to be an ongoing thing or not. You also don't say how proficient you are so I don't want to insult you by making it an idiots guide. If you know the basics of Macro's in word then create your macro and carry out all your finds and replaces throughout the document and then stop recording - this is then stored for the next time you need to use it.

If you need further assistance, drop me a line or post again.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Donna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom