"Find" defaults (1 Viewer)

Carolyn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:00
Hello,

Is there any way to change the defaults in the pop up form for the "Find" function to always Search: All, Match: Any Part of Field and Search Only Current Field. I would like these to be the defaults always without the user having to make these specific changes. I know that these options will stay until I close and open the DB again. It would be nice if these didn't have to be changed when the DB is opened. Please say yes:)

Carolyn;)

Carolyn

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Alex,

I had already checked that out but it doesn't seem to provide the options that I want to change. I guess I should mention that I am using 97. Perhaps 2000 allows use to change the defaults there but 97 doesn't get specific enough. Any other ideas?

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:00
Sorry, these options do exist for A2K and above.
No other idea than having your own search button opening the search dialog in the mode you want, programatically...

Well... twisted Rich's ear and this is what I got: Article ID Q120912 The 'solution' uses Sendkeys though...:D

Never say 'No' to a Lady...

Last edited:

Carolyn

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

I found the answer and it actually works!

Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus
SendKeys "{tab}a{tab}a{tab}{tab}click"
DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 10, , acMenuVer70

Exit_Command70_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_Command70_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_Command70_Click

End Sub

Hope this info helps someone else

Carolyn:)

Carolyn

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Alex and Rich. I saw your post after I posted the solution. I appreciate all your help. This is a wonderful forum for people like myself that need the assistance. BTW thanks for the compliment "Lady"........I do my best:).......Kind Gentlemen:)

Carolyn;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom