Finding records in sub-forms (1 Viewer)

Waheed2008

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:55
Hi,

I am working on MS Access 2010 and have come across a bit complex situation. I have a table with about 20 fields. In a main form, I have added 4 sub-forms where each sub-form is showing 5 fields of each record from the table. This is because of step by step data entry into the same record. I have made these sub-forms as “Continuous Forms” and have given them look of Data Sheet.

There are about 1000 records currently present in the table and these are showing in my sub-forms (5 fields each). Now the problem is that, when I have my Focus on one record in my first sub-form to enter some data, and then I click on second tab of sub-form, the same records should be shown in second sub-form as well. Currently it is not being happening and I have to scroll down my second sub-form to search that particular record.It will become much more difficult when number of records will increase.

Can anyone guide me how can I work it around and get my cursor on the same record on every sub-form? Your help shall be highly appreciated.

Regards

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:55
When you get focus / current record on the first sub form, you should set an unbound field in the main form to the Primary Key of that record. Then use that as the master link for your other sub forms, then they will only show the same record you have selected in your first sub form.

Waheed2008

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:55
Hi,

I have got PK in the main Form. How can I link it with other sub-forms? Can you please guide me about it?

Regards

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:55
In the sub form Set the master field to the PK in the main form. Set the child field to the Pk field in the sub form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom