First Adam and now Eve (1 Viewer)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 11:35
Scientists have created an ideal colleague - a robot that performs hundreds of repetitive experiments.

The robot, called Adam, is the first machine to have independently "discovered new scientific knowledge".

The same team is developing another, more advanced robot scientist called Eve, which is designed to screen new drugs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7979113.stm

LOL, lets run through that last bit again :

The same team is developing another, more advanced robot scientist called Eve...

Oh, I like it, shall we do it one more time?

The same team is developing another, more advanced robot scientist called Eve...

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time

It has the ability to Nag, Whine and Winge in Stereo Phonics, and they have added an extra Long Term memory bank so it will be able to remember things that Adam has done or said from a millenia ago :p:D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
It has the ability to Nag, Whine and Winge in Stereo Phonics, and they have added an extra Long Term memory bank so it will be able to remember things that Adam has done or said from a millenia ago :p:D

Like blaming her for eating the apple! I'd like to know, if it was Eve that did that, why did it stick in Adam's throat? LOL. :D

scott-atkinson

Local time
Has the Robot Adam got a rib missing?

Maybe they should created instead of a Robot Eve, a Robot Ewe, just a letter out and yet such a difference that letter makes.....;)

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Would have been funner if they'd named the second one 'Steve'

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 06:35
The perfect female (of any kind) robot would have its speech patterns modeled after my GPS Elisabeth (Australian accent). She doesn’t say much, but when she does, it’s worth listening.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I wonder if she comes with kitchen appliance attachments?

ButSeriously

Registered User.
Local time
Eve my dear, not Crighton!

Do you think it would be a good idea to teach humans to think before they start on machines?

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
Do you think it would be a good idea to teach humans to think before they start on machines?
I think they're applying the car wash principle - if we get a machine that can do it, even if it doesn't do it correctly, we won't need to learn.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
It seems a Canadian person has already built Aiko - the perfect she-bot but I am starting to think it is getting a little too... ummmm... bizarre...

Oh, that was on the BBC news a few weeks back, isn't it amazing? It is a bit of a worry though. I can see the point in making something like that just to prove that we can, but where does it lead? What will WE end up doing for ourselves, or each other?

Just as we're extending the life expectancy of every human on the planet we up the ante on the technology front causing more redundancies, poverty and leaving a legacy of misery for an extended period of time.

scott-atkinson

Local time
It seems a Canadian person has already built Aiko - the perfect she-bot but I am starting to think it is getting a little too... ummmm... bizarre...

Yeah, Iv'e seen that...

In a couple of shops in the highstreet with blacked out windows, they sell them for $99.99, comes with a set of spare batteries and a choice of voiceovers...

Or so I've been told.... :D;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom