Fishing expedition by 1/6 commission (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
compare one bad thing to another bad thing and try to justify the first with the latter.
You are missing the point. The point is that certain people go free for throwing Molotov cocktails and burning down buildings or occupying entire city blocks for days or weeks but other people spend 1.5 years in jail without bail for trespassing. Some people get off scot free for murdering an unarmed white woman for what at worst would be a b&e charge but others get charged with murder for something that was clearly self defense.

No one is excusing the people who damaged the Capitol or even entered it once the doors were open. They should be charged, fined, and released. I'm pretty sure if this were Democrats storming the gates, they would be simply let free and not even fined our justice system is so lopsided these days that it can't be called justice at all. The "justice" must be EQUAL or it is NOT justice. How can 1/6 be the crime of the century but burning down a police station is just poor victims angry at the system? How were the 1/6 people not poor victims angry at the system? The American system of justice does not work this way. This is the way banana republics and communist countries work. We don't keep political prisoners. We don't murder unarmed women with no warning when they are no threat to you.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:50
It makes no sense to me to try to ascertain what these people were saying at that moment. If their actions violated laws, then they should be prosecuted. It does not matter what their stripes were; if they broke the law, they should be prosecuted. Who cares if they are MAGA, BLM, or Antifa? Who dreamed up these stupid names anyway?

The only reason we care is because the lamestream refuses to report on the obvious stories.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It makes no sense to me to try to ascertain what these people were saying at that moment. If their actions violated laws, then they should be prosecuted. It does not matter what their stripes were; if they broke the law, they should be prosecuted. Who cares if they are MAGA, BLM, or Antifa? Who dreamed up these stupid names anyway?

We agree heartily on this. To me, this is the heart of the "complaint" of conservatives.
They only want to thoroughly prosecute those-who-commit-illegal-acts-and-are-Trump supporters
They don't want to prosecute the same people except those who are left wing Democrats rooting usually for some stupid sh*t they can't even define - like because some cop shot a criminal who had first tried to shoot murder that same cop seconds earlier but then turned their back just as the cop's bullet was being fired, or some ridiculous hair splitting over a hardened criminal/murderer getting their due.

I'm too tired to re-type this but the gist of exactly what you are saying is here:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
1657395025536.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
While I wouldn't go as far as to say that proves it was FBI staged, I DO think the point is very well-made (and obvious to any thinking person), that a couple hundred people armed with 2-3 firearms, pepper spray, and a baton or umbrella here and there was definitely not anywhere close to successfully overthrowing the United States government.

But they'll keep saying it came within an inch of its life, "Democracy", until the cows come home.

@ANYONE - what's your bet that someone actually does end up trying to charge Trump/arrest/indict with a criminal offense ?

I'd put the odds around 30% as of what I observe to this point.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
As a reminder; the Democrats pushed for a soft coup. Two impeachment attempts, the Mueller witch-hunt, and the Russia hoax. Ultimately, the Democrats were successful since they were able to exploit Covid and social media to sell a misleading message to the gullible public in the 2020 Presidential election. This from the supposed "champions" of the democratic process. Democrats are the threat to democracy.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The Kangaroo "Commission" draws to a close. Once again, Democrats have demonstrated they are all about the ends justifying the means. Facts and due process are an impediment to Democrats. The next concern, how much can a Republican House accomplish to undo the damage Democrats caused? Democrats are the threat do democracy.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
how much can a Republican House accomplish to undo the damage Democrats caused?
I think people like Jim Jordan will get a few licks in but it won't be enough for the country to have an aha moment.

The Repubs are splintered and the Dems are not!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The Republicans being splintered is at least an indication of independent thought and is also suggestive how how the political process should work. What is truly fascinating (in a repulsive manner) is that Democrats are like the Borg, they unthinkably march in lockstep to the party line, no matter what. Democrats are completely subservient to the party line. Independent thought and action are simply not allowed.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
EXACTLY.
Everyone, for the love of God, leave Trump in the past. He deserves the same legal defenses as anyone, sure, but I mean politically speaking - we need to WIN next time, and anybody but Trump could win against Biden; whereas the reverse is also true: Any shoddy lazy Dem campaign could win against only Trump.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Except that no Republican will ever be president again unless the Dem's are OK with him. This could be Jeb's time to shine:(

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 02:50
EXACTLY.
Everyone, for the love of God, leave Trump in the past. He deserves the same legal defenses as anyone, sure, but I mean politically speaking - we need to WIN next time, and anybody but Trump could win against Biden; whereas the reverse is also true: Any shoddy lazy Dem campaign could win against only Trump.
There are some on these forums who continually moan on about the republicans did this, the Democrats did that, the mid term elections were fixed etc etc.
Why don't they get off their fat bums and run for election in some way? Instead of continually complaining and moaning on as if they know what they're talking about, which is usually hearsay and biased rumours with no proof.
My father had a good phrase - 'put up or shut up or do something about it'.
Col

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
As an associated out-to-get Trump story, the Democrats were finally able to get a copy of Trump's private/business tax returns for a supposedly legislative "investigation". Democrats immediately released these supposedly private document to the public. Also this was released coincidentally with the wrap-up findings of the Kangaroo January 6th Committee.
  • It appears that this get Trump effort has apparently fizzled. But did make for a one day headline to inflame anti-Trump outrage.
  • Did see some comments complaining that Trump paid no taxes. The people complaining did not imply any tax law violations, just extreme moral outrage. Many people, like Trump, use tax loopholes to legally evade paying taxes. Those complaining about the tax laws, should be directing their complaints towards all elements of the government (President, House, and Senate) to fix the tax laws.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We've talked about this many times. It isn't the people who take advantage of the loopholes and profit by them (they would be stupid not to), it is the people who create the loopholes and that falls directly on the shoulders of Congress. If you don't like that Trump didn't pay taxes or enough taxes, don't blame trump. That's like blaming the bullet for killing a person and makes YOU the idiot.

Along those lines for once in my life, someone I cared about was on the right side of government idiocy My granddaughters were working at part time jobs earning about $200 per week during the school year when COVID shut everything down. On unemployment, they got about half of that. But then Congress threw money at the problem and gave everyone collecting unemployment $600 per week. Not proportional payout, just a totally STUPID unlimited payout. Thank you Congress. One of the girls was able to save up enough money from your largess to put together a downpayment on a condo:( $700 per week is a lot of money when you're in college and living at home and have no place to spend the money.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
it seems strange the democrats aren't making a big deal about Trump's taxes. I saw a video of boxes being wheeled down a hallway, that was a week ago.

Like jan 6th it's about disqualifying Trump from running not prosecution, I could be wrong.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
it seems strange the democrats aren't making a big deal about Trump's taxes. I saw a video of boxes being wheeled down a hallway, that was a week ago.

Like jan 6th it's about disqualifying Trump from running not prosecution, I could be wrong.
It's complicated. The Democrats are creating perpetual "noise" to manage optics. They have been extremely successful at generating negative "stories" without substance "alive" which are slavishly regurgitated by the left wing media that act as the propaganda arm of the Democratic party.

Democrats have shown themselves to be incredibly astute students of Joseph Goebbels:
  • A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.
  • Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.
  • Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.
  • It is the absolute right of the State to supervise the formation of public opinion.
  • Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.
The Democrats have earned an A+ grade from the Goebbels school of propaganda. Additionally, consider the absence of concrete facts since they are irrelevant to the Democratic mantra. The acquisition of Trump's tax returns was not about the Democrats needing them as facts for a phony "legislative purpose", but as a means of unlawfully release them to the public to inflame the public into believing that another corrupt rich billionare wasn't paying their "fair share" of the tax burden.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Taking Trump's tax returns by force and then releasing them to the public sets a really bad president. Sure hope payback happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom