Local time
Today, 07:29
Happy Easter, John

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We're north. Just finished 48 hours without Hydro--- ice storm/freezing rain.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:29
Just finished a "family and friends" free-for-all that we call Sunday Dinner - with two of my step-kids (the other is in Florida), two grand-kids (the other is in Florida), my brother-in-law, two family friends, and enough food to feed a small army. As usual, my wife - who really enjoys cooking for the family - really outdid herself today. Spiral-cut glazed ham, green beans, green peas, mac & cheese, sweet-potato casserole, dinner buns, cookies.... a guaranteed shut-down. (Which I did before I posted this.) One long table, ten people, and any topic for discussion was fair game. A good time was had by all and we had Easter candy as a take-home reminder of just how badly we indulged - and bulged.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Just finished a "family and friends" free-for-all that we call Sunday Dinner - with two of my step-kids (the other is in Florida), two grand-kids (the other is in Florida), my brother-in-law, two family friends, and enough food to feed a small army. As usual, my wife - who really enjoys cooking for the family - really outdid herself today. Spiral-cut glazed ham, green beans, green peas, mac & cheese, sweet-potato casserole, dinner buns, cookies.... a guaranteed shut-down. (Which I did before I posted this.) One long table, ten people, and any topic for discussion was fair game. A good time was had by all and we had Easter candy as a take-home reminder of just how badly we indulged - and bulged.
Life is good...

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Today, 06:29
My side of the family got together on Saturday. We had spiral cut ham, roasted veggies, cheese and meat ravioli, meatballs, chicken parmigian casserole fresh fruit, garlic bread, pizelles, Easter Bread, peanut butter cookies, brownies, and deviled eggs.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
My side of the family got together on Saturday. We had spiral cut ham, roasted veggies, cheese and meat ravioli, meatballs, chicken parmigian casserole fresh fruit, garlic bread, pizelles, Easter Bread, peanut butter cookies, brownies, and deviled eggs.
Followed by a food coma...the best kind!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like good family times all around. I tried out a typical Passover dish along with our traditional Easter fare. Apple, Raisin & Walnut Charset. Turned out pretty well. It's a little like an unbaked apple pie and was great with the ham. I'm going to cook the leftovers today and have some chunky applesauce.

Too many people brought desserts. We all ended up in a sugar coma but they were really good:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom