For the experts!!! Guide me to the light! (1 Viewer)

DaniBoy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:49
Hello all,
I have a dilema!! I am creating a database and I am stuck!! this is going to be a long explaniation of what is going on. I will try to be as clear as I can.

First Part:
I am creating a database to keep track of commercial assessments for the county. This is how its done.

One person can own many parcels and one parcel only belongs to one owner. In one parcel we can have many business and one business can be in many parcels. Each parcel can have many garbage containers and one container can be shared by many parcels.

What is a parcel? Is the parameter created by the property appraiser for a tract of land.

Example1: John Doe owns parcel# 001-001 and on this parcel we have three spaces that are either rented out to business or used by the same owner. On this we have one 8 cu-yd container and its not shared with other parcels. This means that this parcel generates 100% of the garbage.

From now on I will take out the business because there not need it.

Example2: John Doe owns parcel# 001-001 and parcel# 001-002 there is one 8 cuyd container on the premises and the container is shared by both parcels.

Example3: John Doe owns parcel# 001-001,001-002 and on the same location Jenny Doe owns parcel# 001-003. There is a 16 cu-yd container and 50% of the container is shared Jenny's parcel# 001-003. This means that 50% of the garbage is generated by John Doe's parcels and 50% by Jenny Doe's parcel.

So far I have been able to create and relate owners to parcels and parcels to business. I have also been able to relate each parcel to each container that belongs to it and also put in the parcels shared by that container.

The problem is the following:
When I enter a container on my parcel container subform, it creates a unique number for that container. Good so far, but when I goto select the parcels that are being shared with that container I need it to create a record on each an every parcel its being shared. This means that when I go look at one of the parcels that are shared, the information is already there on that parcel.

In other words, if parcel 001-001 has a containerID 0001 and it shares with parcel 001-002 the when I go to input all parcels shared with parcel 001-002 there is already a record sharing with parcel 001-001.

Hope this is clear to you, also I am willing to call you anywhere in the USA to explain it better ans to send you what I have done.

Thanks
DaniBoy

ps. Tried to upload but I cant never do it. even if is only 10k file!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom