Forgot Password to Protected Sheet (1 Viewer)

dawsonrhodes

Local time
Today, 12:25
Hola,

I'm a fool and have either mistyped the password (I've tried every possible combination) or I forget that I changed it from what I usually used.

Any ideas? I've tried the VBA method that will attempt to try passwords, but it just crashes contstantly.

Thanks!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:25
use passwarekit forensic to recover your password.

dawsonrhodes

Local time
use passwarekit forensic to recover your password.
Would this work for the actual protected sheet? Also not sure if there is a free option, I see it says demo, not sure if that means I could actually use it without paying. Thanks for your reply!!!!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:25
pm is the key!
i just tried and it makes a copy (unprotected) excel file.

Last edited:

dawsonrhodes

Local time
pm is the key!
Looks like the demo version won't work for me sadly

Not sure what you mean by the pm is the key, unless it's license key, in which case I'm still unsure where that goes in this program.

dawsonrhodes

Local time
pm is the key!
Hey arnelgp,

Hoping you could help me and let me know what you mean by pm is the key. Doesn't look like my version allows for a product key.

Thanks!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:25
Without trying to accuse anyone of anything at all, I will state that the members of this forum frequently avoid this problem because of legal liability. Personally, I have no doubt you are talking about your spreadsheet. However, if we tell someone publicly how to break a password and someone uses that to break into another spreadsheet, and if the the owner of THAT spreadsheet finds out we helped, we can get sued or charged criminally. We might give hints for a third-party product, but there is a massive liability issue for more than minimal help.

With apologies that this doesn't help your problem, but we are limited in what we can legally do. Further, since this is a private site, the site owner might end up having to defend himself because of the actions of one of the members. Even though he could probably get himself removed from the suit or criminal charges, he would be out legal fees. I know I won't do that to Jon. We like him too much.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:25
Access has a poor reputation for security, but the security in Excel is far weaker/easier to bypass
Note that the method shown removes the password from worksheets.

However, it cannot be used to remove passwords used to encrypt the entire workbook.

robert_mann

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:25
Passwarekit didn't work for me earlier. I believe in writing down new passwords. I use a pen and paper in my diary or a notebook app with pass protection and yes I note down that protection pass to elsewhere. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom