Form Dilema (1 Viewer)

sullivan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:52
Okay, I've done a bit of access work in the past, but I'm a little puzzled about where to start on this one. It has been requested that I create a form, and a report, that the office can use. The form is a shipping form. They want drop down lists or a way to reference addresses automatically - okay, they're lazy. There are typically two addresses that go with each name in the database. I need a way that someone can type in a name, and have the corresponding data be pulled. However, I don't want both address to be pulled, only one at a time (one is bussiness, one is home). Right now I have all the information in a table - rep name, home address, business address. I'm just not sure where to start looking. Should I use a VBA code or an SQL code, or do I need a code at all? I just need some ideas, does anyone have any?

D-Fresh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:52
You should just use a combobox with 3 columns in your source(Name, Home Address, Business Address). Set the column width property to 3;0;0. This way, you'll only see the name field(Adjust the 3 to whatever size is desired). Then when a user selects a name, you'll have the info sitting there. Refer to it as me.ComboBoxName.column(1) and me.ComboBoxName.column(2) to get the two addresses. The columns start at 0, so the name is 0 and 1 & 2 are the addresses. Hope that helps..

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom