Form module (1 Viewer)

Bumpkin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:30
I have created many msaccess applications over the years, all using forms with modules.
Recently I have tried to add a new form to an existing data base and I am getting a message "contains changes not compatible with current database format" and telling me to set the "Has module" property to "NO".
This allows me to save the form but removes the code behind the form.
The form is similar to ones I have used many times so I am baffled by this.
I am using Access 2010.
Any ideas?

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:30
Seems that your DB is saved in an older format (perhaps older than 2003).
Save the DB in 2010 format and see what is happen.

Bumpkin

Registered User.
Local time
It was originally created in 2006 but has been regularly enhanced ever since. It is saved as an MDB file in access2007 format. I have been using Access 2010 for this for several years and nothing has changed to cause this problem. I did try "Save As" thinking I could convert to accdb but it only offers mdb format.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe if you post the DB someone will help you to save it in a newer format.
Note that we don't need the data from DB. Just the DB.

Can you save the actual DB (without the new form) in 2010 format ? Or, at least, in 2007 format ?

Bumpkin

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your help - it made me persevere with trying to save in accdb format.
The trick I was missing was to use "Save & Publish" instead of "Save As".
This has converted it to accdb and the problem has gone away.
I still can't figure why the mdb version suddenly went wrong but the accdb version seems to work fine.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Glad to help you even if I don't understand the problem :)
DO NOT mark this thread as "solved".
Maybe the MS Access guru will make some light here.

Good luck !

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:30
It was originally created in 2006 but has been regularly enhanced ever since. It is saved as an MDB file in access2007 format. I have been using Access 2010 for this for several years and nothing has changed to cause this problem. I did try "Save As" thinking I could convert to accdb but it only offers mdb format.
It was created in 2006 but it wasn't created using a 2006 Access version because such a version doesn't exist. Like Mihail mentioned, you might have created it in Access 2003 or older.

The other ways of 'migrating' from an older version to a newer version is by creating a blank accdb (i.e. a blank db of the newer version) and doing one of the following:
1. Perform an import (using the Import/Export Wizard) from the older db into the new blank accdb.
2. Copy and paste the objects from the older version to the newer version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom