Solved Form not showing records correctly (1 Viewer)

thabart

Local time
Today, 09:21
I have a database that shows all proposals that my company is interested in bidding on or has already bid on. The tables are a header table, a proposal table, and a vendor table. The header table holds the proposal number, the customer ID, and the solicitation type. The proposal table holds the proposal information including the winning company ID and other information. The Vendor table holds all external customers (including partners and competitors) information including the vendor ID, the company name, etc.

The issue I am having is I have the form set up to display all proposal information. I have the vendor table in the query that drives the form twice and Access automatically called the tables Vendor and Vendor_1. I have the various vendor IDs linked to the different versions of the vendor table. However, when I open the form all company names relate to the original vendor table and not the secondary table for the winning company.

Any ideas why it would not show the unique name?

Thanks,

Tim

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I suggest you show tables and relationships, and the query sql and the Form's recordsource.
Better would be a sample database with only enough data to show the issue.

thabart

Local time
I figured it out.

Tim

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And the answer was/is?
Many people have similar issues and/or may just be curious -- so describing the solution can be helpful to others.

thabart

Local time
When I pulled the Vendor table into the query three times I had to give the field a unique name. So it showed the field name of "Company" twice. But when I changed the underlying query to read "Winner:[Vendor].[Company]" it then had a unique name to pull the value from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom