Form to use for a report (1 Viewer)

cktcPeterson

Local time
Yesterday, 17:19
I hope I can ask this easily :)

I am trying to draft a template for an approval letter. I started in forms and would like users to be able to make edits if need be that will display on each record.

I also have fields that are mixed in from a table. I am able to combine all my fields but when I close the form, the info I want there all the time clears. How can I have text boxes that are editable without clearing when I close the form?

Currently, I have them as an unbound form, should I create a new table to house the info?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Must be bound to field in table. So direct answer to your question is "yes".

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:19
I agree. Only/best way to "keep" data is to store them in a table.

cktcPeterson

Local time
Thanks! Now I since i am using two tables that are not connected in any way, I just want the Approval Table to be set in place, and my Applications table will have all the participants. How do I keep the approval table from clearing even though the info is there?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Why are they not connected? User inputs should be related to a parent record somewhere. And then use a form/subform arrangement. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
How do I keep the approval table from clearing even though the info is there?
Tables don't clear of their own volition. Why do you think the data will be deleted? Forms display data. Tables store data. As the others have said, if you want data to be saved, it must be in a table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom